All birds can be classified into 7 different types, of which there are
many different varieties. We hope this list will make it easier for
you to talk about birds, and eliminate the needless and complicated
"proper" names often used by those trying to sound important.
· Pigeon (e.g. parrots are very colorful pigeons)
· Sparrow (e.g. robins are big red sparrow and humming birds are fast winged sparrows)
· Owls (e.g. penguins are cold weather owls)
· Ducks (e.g. a swan is a big white duck)
· Eagles (e.g. hawks and other big flying birds)
· Chicken (e.g. turkeys are dried up chickens)
· Flamingo (e.g. emus and ostriches are long legged flamingos)
Bird of the Month
Here we see a picture of a pointy-nosed pecking pigeon, or as some would have
it, a woodpecker.